Friday 21 November 2008

Who new Americans could make great indie?

Everybody has heard about Black Kids by now (I hope). They recived trumendous success with their 2008 album, Partie Traumatic, and no wonder. My current favourite by the Americans is "Hit The Heartbrakes". Hilarious lyrics! You have to agree:

I must repeat: I think you're sweet.
But ain't no way that I'm gonna meet
Your mother, your father,
Your dog or your brother,
Your nephew and niece, girl,
I just can't be bothered.



The sound on this version is crappy, but never the less, a great song.




A bit dissapointing though: They have only two coloured band members, but still they call them self Black Kids. And these two are not even black-black. The guy has an afro, though, so maybe it is allright summed up together. Ohh, I wished I had an afro.

1 comment:

tokyobunnie said...

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!
XOXO,
TokyoBunnie